Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanksgiving in Sherwood Forest



A Play In One Act
by Anna

Narrator: Once there was a man named Robin Hood, and his merry men.


Robin Hood: Welcome to Sherwood Forest and I am Robin Hood.

Narrator: Far away in a castle there was Maid Marion.

Maid Marion:  How I wish I could see Robin again!

Lady-in-waiting: Don’t worry you will see Robin Hood again just wait and see

Narrator: Then the heard the steps (bump, bump )of the evil Prince John.

Prince John: I want to capture that rascal, Robin Hood

Maid Marion: Oh No, we must warn him.

Narrator: Maid Marion snuck out of the castle and went into Sherwood Forest to find Robin. She found the Merry men but Robin had gone for a walk in the beautiful Fall woods.

Robin Hood: What a nice afternoon. But I need to cross this river.

Narrator: Presently, Robin spied a narrow low that was used as a bridge to cross the river. As he began to cross he saw another man on the other side. It was the wicked Sheriff of Nottingham.

Robin Hood: Get out of the way, Sheriff. Let the better man pass.

Sheriff: No. I’m the better man. You let me pass.

Narrator: So, with-out the Sheriff knowing, Robin snuck up on the Sheriff and kicked the Sheriff in the river and walked away.

Robin Hood: It was so easy to beat the Sheriff he wasn’t looking any way.

Sheriff: I’ll get you for this, Robin Hood!!!

Narrator: Just then up came Little John

Little John: Come, Robin, I have a surprise for you.

Narrator: Little John led Robin Hood to a sunny glade.

Maid Marion: Robin! It’s so good to see you. But I must warn you that Prince John is trying to capture you!

Robin Hood: That buffoon! Ha – he’ll never capture me!

Merry Men: Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the Glen

Robin Hood, Robin Hood with his band of men

Feared by the bad, loved by the good

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood Hood Hood

Narrator: The Merry Men had prepared a big feast. They ate venison and drank ale and had a very merry time

Robin Hood: I am so thankful to have such good friends, and such a brave lady.

Narrator: And that is how Thanksgiving came to Sherwood Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment